All camps include musical learning, crafts, free play, and music listening. If staying for a full day, bring a sack lunch. All of our camps are taught by our university degreed, highly qualified, music teachers.
June 17-21 Beginning Guitar camp
No experience necessary! Spend the week learning how to play the guitar. Guitars are not provided for this camp, please bring your own.
- Basics of the guitar playing
- Learn chords and strumming styles
- all ages, no experience required
- note reading, chord reading, and listening skills covered
June 24-28, Broadway camp
All you broadway lovers and singers, join our resident broadway expert for a week of learning! No experience necessary. Students will learn many broadway songs, the techniques for singing broadway tunes, and will perform scenes from popular broadway shows.
- ages 7 and up
- 1/2 day option 9:00-noon OR 1:00-4:00
- Full day option, 9:oo-4:00 (students will learn different pieces in the morning and afternoon)
- learn songs, acting techniques, and vocal skills
- great camp to prepare for broadway tryouts!
July 15-19, Beginning piano camp
Spend a week learning how to play the piano! Students will cover the basics of 1 entire lesson book during the week. No experience necessary. A great jump start for future private lessons!
- ages 5 and above
- no experience necessary
- learn the basics of the piano
- 1 lesson book and 1 theory book required for the class ($15)
July 22-26 or Aug 12-16 Music Sampler Camp
Interested in learning more about different instruments? Always wanted to try out the harp, guitar, piano, flute, or violin? Then this camp is for you! Students will learn a different instrument every day, learning the basics of each instrument.
- ages 5 and above
- Instruments covered: Flute, Harp, Guitar, Violin, and Piano
- no experience necessary!
- great camp to try out different instruments.
July 29-Aug 2, Songwriting Camp
Bring out your inner songwriter, and learn to compose music like a pro!
- ages 8 and above
- students must be able to read music
- all instruments welcome
- performance on Friday of camp week
August 5-8, Rock/Songwriting Camp, 12:00-4:00, Monday-Thursday
Learn Rock and Songwriting from our resident expert, Ulrich Ellison! Ulrich regally plays with bands in Austin as well as around the country, and around the world. His main instrument is guitar, but this camp will help aspiring pop and rock songwriters and performers of all instruments and all ages to learn the basics of songwriting and rock/pop performance. Private lessons and sectionals will take place 12:00-1:00 and the kids will practice as a band from 1:00-4:00 Monday-Thursday. Thursday at 3:00 p.m. will be the Rock Band Concert! Students may pack a lunch and snack if they desire.
- learn pop and rock songwriting techniques
- learn how to perform with a band
- ages 8 and up
- Participating students must have at least 1 year of experience on this instrument
- All instruments welcome.